Passion for Precision

Sunday, September 30, 2012

THINK PAINTING A MODEL AIRLINER IS HARD WORK? HAVE A LOOK AT THE REAL THING IN THIS FOUR-MINUTE VIDEO

11:00 PM By Mr J , , , No comments




Mr J REPORT:
I can remember my very first airliner kit, a 1:96 scale Frog de Havilland Comet IV. The kit came with minimal detail, but did have looong decal strips for the fuselage sides, and a daunting amount of white paint was needed to cover the upper surface. After much careful application of tape, on went the paint and, well, to my chagrin much of it seeped underneath, and the kit was never the same again. I soon learned to mask with the best of them, but somehow never really returned to airliners with any degree of enthusiasm!

How I wish I'd had the facilities shown here for a Thomson Airways revamp from old insignia to swoopy new markings. I wish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment