Passion for Precision

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SMALLSPACE - MODEL SHOW REPORT



The new model show smallspace was a huge success - outside the hall, Daleks rampaged the streets, while inside model-makers showed off their skills.


Thunderbirds are Go
Gerry Anderson’s famed puppet and live action TV series were a popular subject at smallspace, so here’s a first burst of pix, to give you an idea of the beautifully made models on display.




More to come
There’ll be more to come throughout this week - enjoy!




Neat 6-wheel Rolls-Royce, with Lady Penelope under the wide canopy.



Tasty red markings sported by Thunderbird 3.



The Meta probe (above) looked a serious design for a deep-space craft.





4 comments:

  1. One of the best shows I've ever attended. All of my childhood TV favorites in one place !

    For such a small show, I couldn't resist taking a lot of photos:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45131642@N00/sets/72157630369564370/

    I also spent a lot of money on tools as there were many I'd not seen before despite being a regular at model railway exhibitions up and down the country. Well worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pix on Flickr - what camera did you use? Should say I'm in the market for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the Smallspace pictures, a very aged FujiFilm A100 compact. I can't be bothered to lug a DSLR or bridge around shows. Mind you, I might have been more tempted if I'd realised just how good a show it was. Never mind, I'll have to go to the next one as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Fuji - excellent lenses on most of their cams.

    I recall a very ordinary Fuji showing my expensive Nikon the way home at an air show a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete